19 May 2007

1st Equality

I was reflecting on this idea of creation that I talked about in my last post and had some more thoughts. We are all created. Created equal, even those things that are not human share in the equality of creation. Just as I am created, so is the flower created, and even the soil that the flower is rooted in. Yet, I as a human am given dominion. It is not that I am better then the flower, nor that the flower is better then I, but that I am the 1st of many equals. The reason being, I think is that although the flower has life like I, it is different (lol, obviously its a flower, but...read on). We, the flower and I, are different because I can take in the flower, but the flower cannot take in me. I can lay upon the soil, covered with grass, and take it in the moment. To look out and see the color of the world, feel the warmth of the sun, float upon the stillness of water, and take in. I think this is what life is. The God I worship does not disconnect me with life, and no he is not an existentialist, nor am I. God does not give me some spiritual high where I become de-joined to what is created along side me, but closer too it. Colors become brighter, textures, life, I begin to see the soul in everything, God in everything, his created hand, touch, life and light. This is nephesh, this is the throat I have. I take in, I eat, drink, breathe, hear, see and live in God. The flower cannot do so, it does not have the nephesh I am given, it doesn't have the rational soul I have. I take in this God, this life, and it begins to fill my veins, reflect and shine out in my skin, and the glory of God shines forth from me, his Kavod comes in and out of me. I become as it says in the scriptures part of "the kingdom of priests" (Exodus 19:6). It is not that I become literally a priest, but I become a representative of God to all the world. I become further called out, given more kadosh, as it says earlier in verse 5 "Now therefore, If you will obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my own possession among all peoples; for all the earth is mine." This means I am given more kadosh, I become God's own possession. I am not greater then the flower because of this. Why? Because at the end of the day we are both created from nothing, and should not even exist, but for the grace of God we exist. A grace that existed long before the fall of man. Grace is not a reaction, it is not merely mercy to the sins I have committed, but has existed all along. Grace is action. Grace that is active, constantly active in the creative genius of God. The grace that happens when something is made from nothing. The flower has grace given to it like I because it too should not exist and does, the flower and I are created from nothing. We are called from the abyss. The flower and I have life and are moved into primordial light (goodness). I am first because of nephesh, but equal because of grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home